Jessica loves all things creamy and cheesy.
While corn wasn’t a staple on her Thanksgiving table growing up, she thought she’d make a cream corn puff this year.
Jessica added ham to her dish, but you can also make a vegetarian version.
This segment aired on California Cooking with Jessica Holmes, episode 134.
Corn puff with cream
- 5 ears of fresh corn
- 2 to 3 shallots, chopped
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 can of creamed corn
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 6 slices deli black forest ham, cut into chunks
- ¼ cup or more grated parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2/3 cup heavy whipped cream
- Cut the corn on the cob and put it in a bowl.
- Sauté 1 to 2 tablespoons of butter with the shallots in a Dutch oven until tender.
- Add the fresh corn and 1 more tablespoon of butter and cook.
- Add can of creamed corn, heavy cream and milk until bubbly.
- Grease a baking dish with butter.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl.
- Add some of the corn mixture to the bowl with the eggs to temper the eggs.
- Add the eggs to the corn mixture and turn off the heat.
- Add the parmesan and ham and stir.
- Pour the corn mixture into the baking dish.
- Add boiling water to a larger baking dish.
- Place the baking dish with the corn on the baking dish with boiling water.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees.
Suggest a fix