MasterChef Judge Jock Zonfrillo Spills His Mouth-watering Secret Recipe for Breakfast TACOS: ‘I Gotta Make These Immediately’
- Jock Zonfrillo explains how to make delicious breakfast tacos for the whole family
- He packs homemade tortillas with chorizo, eggs, salsa, feta and hot sauce
- ‘My God! I’m coming to your house for breakfast, ‘wrote a foodie on TikTok
MasterChef judge Jock Zonfrillo explained how to make his delicious breakfast tacos with a twist.
The celebrity chef from Melbourne packed his homemade tacos with chorizo, guacamole, eggs, pico de gallo, feta and hot sauce.
To create the corn tortillas, Jock combined yellow masa harina, melted beef fat, and hot water in a bowl, then mixed until a dough formed.
Scroll to watch the video
He mixed the ingredients until a dough formed, then divided it into six small balls and flattened them using a tortilla press to form thin tacos.
He divided the dough into six small balls and flattened them using a tortilla press to form thin taco wraps.
Once the wraps were pressed, Jock cooked them in a frying pan on the stove until golden brown and toasted, then set them aside to cool.
To create the taco filling, Jock cut a stick of chorizo to cook in the pan with a drizzle of olive oil and once caramelized, he cracked two eggs.
Once the chorizo was caramelized in the pan he cracked two eggs and cracked the yolks before scrambling the eggs
Recipe: How to Make Jock’s Chorizo Breakfast Tacos
100g yellow masa harina
125g Hot water
30g Rendered beef fat
1 avocado, diced
30g extra virgin olive oil
1/2 lime, juice
Salt to taste
2 Roma tomatoes, diced
1/4 bunch cilantro, coarsely chopped
1/2 red onion, diced
1/2 lime, juice
Hot Jalapeño Sauce
- Add the yellow masa harina, melted beef fat and hot water to a bowl and mix until smooth.
- Divide the dough into six small balls and flatten them with a tortilla press.
- Cook corn tortillas on both sides in a frying pan on the stovetop until golden brown and toasted, then let cool.
- Add 1/2 squeezed lime, salt, 30g extra virgin olive oil and diced avocado to a bowl, then set aside.
- In a bowl, combine 1/4 bunch of chopped cilantro, two diced roma tomatoes, 1/2 diced red onion and 1/2 lime juice, then set aside.
- Dice a stick of chorizo and cook it in the pan until caramelized and crack two eggs into it.
- Break the yolks and scramble the eggs until cooked.
- Place the guacamole on a corn tortilla followed by the chorizo, scrambled eggs and pico de gallo salsa.
- Drizzle with hot jalapeño sauce and crumble over feta cheese to enjoy.
He broke the yolks before scrambling the eggs and cooked them until the tacos were ready to be assembled.
To assemble the tacos, he first placed guacamole on a corn tortilla, then added chorizo, scrambled eggs, pico de gallo salsa, drizzled with hot jalapeno sauce, and crumbled feta on top. to enjoy.
Jock says this breakfast is one he “can always get into” and shared the recipe on TikTok where hundreds of people commented on how tasty the tacos were.
Jock says this breakfast is one he “can always get into” and shared the recipe on TikTok where hundreds of people commented on how tasty the tacos were
“Sounds so good I’m definitely making it for breakfast,” wrote one impressed foodie.
‘They look absolutely delicious! Yum,” another foodie wrote.
‘My God! I’m coming to your house for breakfast,” another jokingly wrote.