This item has not yet been rated.
* PLUS setting time
Photography by Erik Putz; Food styling by John Kruusi; Accessories styling by Madeleine Johari
Avoid picking up a chocolate bar at the grocery store and try this easy, chocolate-covered elevated coconut bar.
2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut (180 g)
1/2 cup icing sugar
3 tablespoons white corn syrup
1/8 tsp salt
200 g vegan dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Upholster an 8×4-in. loaf pan with overhanging parchment.
- Mix the coconut with the icing sugar, corn syrup and salt in a bowl until the mixture is sticky and moist. Using slightly damp hands, firmly press and compact the coconut mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Press the mixture until the top is smooth. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Using parchment paper, remove the coconut block from the pan. Invert onto a cutting board. Cut into eight 1-inch-wide bars. Press down the steep edges to form smooth bars.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place chocolate in shallow microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on Medium, stirring every 30 seconds, until almost melted, 1-2 min. Remove and stir until smooth.
- Dip each bar in melted chocolate until completely coated, allowing excess chocolate to drip off. Place on a prepared sheet. Let stand until chocolate is firm, preferably overnight. (If some of the chocolate has accumulated around the edges, cut off the excess with a knife before serving or storing.) Coconut bars keep well, in a sealed container at room temperature, up to 5 days.