In this month’s Menu Tracker video edition, Bret Thorn, NRN’s Food and Beverage Editor, tried the trio of casual and quick salads: Just Salad, Sweetgreen and Cava.
During the month of June, over 100 new menu items were launched by the chains and our Food and Beverage Manager sampled some of the offerings available in New York. Here’s a preview of what’s in the video:
- Just Salad has launched a new salad called Golden Summer Salad made with rejuvenating quinoa, romaine lettuce, arugula, golden beets, blood oranges, chopped almonds, goat cheese, mint leaves and dill.
- Sweetgreen’s latest summer creation is the Summer Teriyaki Bowl, blackened chicken, roasted squash or roasted okra with sweet onions (depending on town), spicy broccoli, shredded cabbage, raw carrots, basil, baby spinach and warm wild rice with a tahini teriyaki dressing.
- Cava introduced their Lemon Chicken, this time in a new bowl featuring spinach, romaine lettuce, Crazy Feta (jalapeño whipped feta cheese), red pepper hummus, grilled chicken, tomatoes and onions, marinated onions, cucumbers, lentil tabbouleh, corn, feta cheese and candied lemon vinaigrette.
- Wendy’s has also reintroduced its summer salad: the Summer Strawberry Chicken Salad, made with sstrawberries, bacon and grilled chicken on lettuce and spring mix garnished with a mixture of Italian cheeses, candied almonds and a sweet champagne vinaigrette.
- And Starbucks added coconut milk to one of its refreshing summer drinks, the Pineapple Passionfruit Refresher, and called it the Paradise Drink Starbucks Refresher.
Hear Thorn’s thoughts on food and drink in the following video.