Spinach soup is a delicious and healthy way to enjoy the benefits of green spinach leaves. Palak soup is simple to make at home as it only requires a few ingredients, minimal preparation and cooks in just 25 minutes. To give spinach soup a rich, creamy flavor and texture, most recipes call for sour cream. Because milk is commonly found in cooking and has the same flavor as sour cream, this spinach soup recipe uses milk when sour cream isn’t always an option. This garnish soup is prepared by first cooking spinach with onion, ginger and garlic, pureeing the mixture, cooking the pureed spinach mixture with milk and seasoning with black pepper powder.
1. 2 cups tightly packed spinach (Palak) (about 125g)
2. 1/2 cup milk
3. 1/2 tablespoon corn starch (corn flour)
4. 1/2 teaspoon oil
5. 1/2 teaspoon butter
6. 1/3 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
7. 1/4 inch piece of ginger, finely chopped
8. 1-2 small garlic cloves, finely chopped
9. 1 cup of water
10. 1/4 teaspoon sugar, optional
11. Salt to taste
12. 1/4 teaspoon black pepper powder
1. Spinach leaves should be washed and cleaned to remove any dirt. If the spinach leaves are large, roughly chop them.
2. Dissolve 1/2 cup of milk and 1 tablespoon of cornstarch. Make sure there are no lumps of flour.
3. In a deep skillet or kadai, combine 1/2 tsp butter and 1/2 tsp oil over medium heat. Garlic and ginger that have been chopped should be added. Include a diced onion.
4. Cook the onion until it turns bright pink. Include spinach. Cook spinach until softened.
5. Sprinkle a cup with water, sugar and salt. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring well. Boil for three minutes. In this recipe, sugar is not necessary. To keep the spinach’s vibrant green color and prevent it from darkening, it is added.
6. After extinguishing the flame, allow the mixture to cool for 5-10 minutes. Make a smooth puree from the cooked ingredients using a blender-grinder or hand blender (hand blender) (or blender). After creating the puree, add the mixture to the same pan.
7. Over medium heat, add dissolved cornstarch and whisk continuously for 1-2 minutes.
8. Add ground black pepper.
9. For 4-5 minutes, cook the mixture. Adjust the ingredients to your taste after tasting.